Search engine optimization or SEO has emerged as an important industry in recent years due to the increasing power that search engines like Google wield. As companies try to raise their rankings on Search Engine Results Pages (SERP), they are turning to a specialized marketing professional to accomplish this goal, the SEO specialist. SEO specialists are tasked with designing, developing and promoting high quality websites. SEO specialists are not typically of the builders of the website, but is more often a consulting authority.
SEO specialists are charged with a number of responsibilities, depending on the company and industry, within which they work. SEO specialists who work as freelancers or within a marketing firm, should have a number of important skills:
- Website analysis–It is critical to the success of any SEO marketing campaign that the target company website conform to the latest standards for search engine optimization. Keywords, backlinks, formatting and content are but a few of the important areas that a SEO specialist consider as he analyzes, redesigns and rebuilds a website.
- Keyword optimization–Researching keywords and organically introducing them into a website is essential to a SEO optimized page.
- Content generation–The keywords are important, but the textual, informational, and graphical content that constitute the page must also be produced by the SEO specialist.
- Search engine parameters–This may be the most important job of a SEO specialist. Maintaining an updated understanding of what the major search engines, and especially Google, are using as criteria for SERP informs all of the design choices a SEO specialist makes.
- Information technology skills–A skilled SEO specialist should possess a strong background in HTML, CSS, a number of programming languages and familiarity with a variety of operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Client management–The SEO specialist must maintain a working knowledge of his employer’s or client’s objectives. Any optimized site must, first of all, conform to the business strategy of the site owner.
- Analytical processing–The ability to analyze problems, find appropriate resources and develop solutions goes to the heart of the SEO specialist position.
and many more. you will learn :
- What is SEO Need of SEO Search Engines
- How Search Engines Work
- Major Functions of Search Engine
- Different types of Keywords
- Google Trends & Insights Steps in SEO
- Page Rank & Alexa link Bait
- Type of Backlinks
- Case Study of White Hat SEO
- Case study of Black Hat SEO
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmasters
- Google Adwords
On Page Optimization
- Site Analysis
- Keyword Analysis
- Meta Tag Development
- Canonical Implementation
- Creating Sitemaps
- Creating Robots File
- Optimize SEO Contents & Check Duplicate Contents
- Keyword Density
- Internal linking
- Image Optimization
Off Page Optimization
- Directory Submission
- Social Bookmarking Submission
- Articles Submission
- Press Release Submission
- Forum Submission
- PPT Submission
- PDF Submission
- Classified Submission
- Business Local Listing
- Blog Commenting
- Google Maps
- RSS Submission
- Search Engine Submission
- Yahoo Question Answer Participation